Friday 27 February 2015

Lucas by Susan Fisher-Davis


REVIEWED BY Kerry Callaway

Lucas (Bad Boys of Dry River, Wyoming Book 1)Lucas by Susan Fisher-Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG!! What a treat this book was, this is the first time I have read a western romance and Susan Fisher-Davis has converted me with this fantastic book!!!
Emily Walters is living her life in fear of her abusive ex-husband Adam Walters, currently her ex is in prison but with him due to be released she needs to put a plan in action for her own protection and the ranch that is a legacy from her grandfather. Introducing Lucas Taggart!! Lucas was Emily's first crush and at the this moment is the only person that can help her. After leaving town several years ago Lucas has now returned and his reputation of being a delinquent from years ago is still fresh in everyone's mind. Emily approaches Lucas with a proposal, she offers him half of her working ranch as payment for marrying her and protecting her from her ex-husband. Lucas agrees on one condition, he wants a real marriage, Emily agrees!! Married to Lucas and with her protection in place they start their life getting to know each other. Adam her ex-husband is then released from prison and is coming for her!!
This book is fantastic, I loved Lucas from the start he's hot and got a bad reputation from his youth but as the story unfolds you also see his caring protective nature and I fell for him even more!! Emily although she is asking for protection she is by no means a weak natured character, she has an inner strength, she has taken on her grandfathers ranch and legacy and everyone of her ranch hands respects her. I loved the playfulness of these characters and some scenes had me laughing out loud.
A fantastic book that had me laughing, swooning and kept me on the edge of my seat. Thank you Susan Fisher-Davis for a great start to this series, I can not wait to read the next instalment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...