Tuesday 28 April 2015

Stolen Fate by Author S. Nelson

REVIEWED BY Kim Gray

Stolen FateStolen Fate by S. Nelson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stolen Fate is a good story about two people from different sides of the track. Essie is what you would call broken, she has had a bad start in life. And is forced to resort to make some desperate choices in order to try and have a better life for herself. Drayden is every woman’s dream come true, or at least he looks the part, but he has his own set of issues. This story is not your normal love story, not by any means and I think that is part of why I really liked reading it. Some romance novels can be so repetitive and predictable, this was not the case with this story. Essie has a plan to deceive Drayden and he is a man that can pretty much have any woman he wants, and he is not interested in keeping any of them. So when he meets Essie he is attracted to her beauty, having no idea what Essie’s intentions are for him and so he falls for her deceptive plan.
These two people that couldn’t be any less alike, find themselves in a situation that is not at all what they want it to be. I really enjoyed the storyline and how these two had such a rocky start, very different, and not expected. Essie is a spitfire and she is constantly testing Drayden, when he is just dealing with the situation he has found himself in and while it’s not your conventional way to deal with this type of problem? In Drayden’s eyes it’s all Essie’s fault. Drayden is mean and controlling, Essie is sarcastic but at the same time she finds herself falling for him and doesn’t know how to make things different, how to make things right or how to get to know the real Drayden. This book was well written in the way that it makes you think one thing in the beginning but as the story goes along you discover that Essie and Drayden are nothing like you thought. I found myself feeling sorry for this cruel man and hoping that Essie would be able to break down his walls and find out what was inside. The last quarter or so of the book seemed a little rushed to complete the storyline. However this did not take away from the storyline for me. The other characters in this book are intriguing as well and I am hoping to find out more about them and what is next for Drayden and Essie. I am leaving this book 4 out of 5 star review, and I do plan to recommend this one to my friends. This book was gifted to me and so return I left this honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...