Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Syrian Virgin by Zack Love

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


The Syrian Virgin (The Syrian Virgin #1)The Syrian Virgin by Zack Love
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Syrian Virgin by Zack Love.
5 Stars

When I first started reading this book, I honestly didn't want to continue. Not because the book is poorly written, but because it is written *too* well. On a personal level, I found that the content was confronting and hit a little too close to home (plus, I generally prefer my reads to be light and fluffy, or just downright sexy). Having said all this, I'm so glad I continued. The author addresses so many important issues in this book - both political and religious - all while weaving a love story. We learn how and why Anissa left Syria and came to be in New York. We learn her motivations and goals. We learn all this because the book is predominantly written by Anissa in the form of diary entries. We also get to know Julian, Anissa's university professor and potential love interest, and Michael, Anissa's 'Christian Hero' and also love interest. Love triangle? At this point I'm not sure I would say that, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading book two of this duet to see what happens next.

If you want to read something light and fluffy (like my usual reads) then this is not for you. However, if you want something that is unapologetically real and honest, then don't hesitate to pick it up. Amazingly written, flawless and raw. 5 stars from me.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2V8Q5DRBD7OJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...