Tuesday 5 May 2015

Genie by Kitty French

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

GenieGenie by Kitty French
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I loved the premise for this book; a burlesque dancer meets a business man. The first half of the book held so much promise but for me, it fell short in the second half.

Genie and her uncle own and run an old fashioned theatre house in London. It's in desperate need of work and now they can't afford the insurance or roof repairs. Abel Kingdom wants to buy the building and turn it into a gym. He comes in the evening to see what the theatre does and is blown away by the feature act, a red headed burlesque dancer who hypnotises him.

Abel Kingdom is frankly a nasty piece of work and I could not reconcile his behaviour with Genie's affection for him. Whilst there is a reason for why Abel behaves this way, it was still too much for me. Genie is a likeable character and I admired her tenacity and spark.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2N6M2M3IBIHC4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...