Thursday 23 July 2015

Dissident by Cecilia London

REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

Dissident (The Bellator Saga, #1)Dissident by Cecilia London
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dissident caught me off guard. Nothing like what I was expecting from a political thriller. Majorly hot sex scenes weaved in with witty banter. Caroline's food, movie and baseball references are so clever and funny.

Caroline is in a government hospital in a coma and the book is told back and forth between the present and her memories.

Caroline suffered a great loss when her husband was killed in an accident.
She struggled to do her job in Congress and be a mother to her two children.

She spouts off about Congressman John McIntyre at a political rally and wants to apologize. She ask her best friend to invite him to an event at her home so that she can. Sparks fly from there.

Caroline is cautious emotionally after the loss of her husband but can't deny the attraction between herself and Jack (John McIntyre).

Politically things are heating. Caroline is not one to keep her opinion to herself and I love her.

I am hooked! Based on the first book this is going to be a great series and is so well written I couldn't put it down. I loved Cecilia London's writing style. I felt a part of the story and was on pins and needles waiting to see what happened next. Jack is amazing and my new BBF.

Thanks for a great experience Cecilia!

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLovesBooks Blog




View all my reviews


Amazon US


Amazon UK


Amazon CA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...