Monday 20 July 2015

The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter

REVIEWED By Micky Barnard

The Closer You Come (The Original Heartbreakers, #1)The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first book by Gena Showater, not being a big PNR reader. I truly enjoyed her ability to tell a good story with great characters who are a little bit different to the average. There was a real fun element to the dialogue which I enjoyed. This was quite a longish read and I appreciated the gradual build of a relationship that wasn't rushed.

Jase is one of three friends bonded by a friendship formed in foster care but solidified by very difficult times. Jase has spent the last 10 years doing something he didn't choose and now the three friends have moved to Strawberry Valley for a new start. Brook Lynn is a woman in her 20s trying to make ends meet with multiple jobs, a hopeless sister she loves and profound hearing loss. Brook Lynn is feisty and defensive with barriers that no one penetrates. Jase and Brook Lynn have an unusual start to their relationship involving her sister which was somewhat unsavory, thankfully they and I as reader, we're able to move past this. There were some good twists and turns in this story and various elements of Jase's past are problematic. A good read and I definitely want to read the others in the series.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3I53FZSCE0PAJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...