Wednesday 22 July 2015

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Coincidence of Coconut CakeThe Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book took me by storm and invaded my culinary romantic senses. One of my favourite books is 'Like Water for Chocolate' by Laura Esquivel and this book was also able to take food and weave it seamlessly into a story ripe with interesting characters. Where there's food, there's passion and that is true of this book. There is a quirky, different feel to this book and that is positive; I felt like I had come out of my normal genres and immersed myself in something special.

Lou is engaged to a stuffed shirt of a man Devlin (name says it all) who 'allows' her to play with her restaurant until they marry. Lou lives and breaths the creation of good food and the restaurant, named after her grandmother, it is her dream. One day, everything shatters, her relationship initially but the restaurant becomes fall out as it sustains a heinous review. Al is the villainous reviewer but Lou doesn't know his pseudonym as a food critic. When they meet, they connect. This story made me feel. In fact, the last 20% packed such a punch, I was a little unsure where to park my emotions.

This is a debut for Amy E. Reichert but her writing skill indicates that I will be following whatever comes next and after and after that. She showed a natural talent for telling a unique tale in a very normal setting.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2PW1NIQYUJE1B/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...