Saturday 22 August 2015

Reviews of The Legend of Arturo King, The Story of Lansing Lotte, The Quest of Perkins Vale and Sight Words by L.B. Dunbar

REVIEWED BY Tam Tam

The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar
 My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am so excited about this series. First and foremost, L.B. knows how to write great, sweet, intense romance. What a clever way to modernize the story of King Arthur and Lady Guinevere. The story was creative and romantic. She introduced us to the whole band, The Nights, and has teased and baited us with just enough about each band member to have us wanting more.

But this first book in the series is all about Arturo and Guinie's love story. If you are thinking this book will be the same as any other rock star romance, you would be wrong. Her writing is smart and she gives the reader just enough detail and dialogue to keep you swooning and ignoring everyone around you.

I should warn you that this book leaves you on a cliffhanger and wanting to learn about the sexy and mysterious Lansing. But somehow, I think this was part of her evil plan. She has left me wanting more!

 View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2DRZT7JIU2Y4S/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm


  The Story of Lansing Lotte (Legendary Rock Star, #2)The Story of Lansing Lotte by L.B. Dunbar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

> > Lansing is a hot, hot mess. There are many women in his life who want him, except the one woman he really wants (or thinks he wants). This books picks up right where we left off with Arturo King. So, this is not a stand alone. You will definitely want to read that first but I promise no spoilers here. Lansing is very mysterious in the first book so I was anxious to get to know him in this story.

Lansing cannot seem to help himself when a woman is in need of being rescued. He is very impulsive and passionate too, which does not always lead him in the right direction. He has wanted Guineviere for so long that he is blinded at times to what may be best for him. Is he really fated to be with Guineviere despite her love for Arturo? Or maybe Layne, or Elaine, or Lila? He has earned his reputation as the Lady Killer. You will learn why. This book continues to weave a tale of mystery surrounding the Nights and those closest to them.

Again, I really enjoyed this installment of the series and it left me anxious for the next one. > >

> > View all my reviews 


https://www.amazon.com/review/R18VQ5IMLP0FYZ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm


 The Quest of Perkins Vale (Legendary Rock Star, #3)The Quest of Perkins Vale by L.B. Dunbar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

> > I am really enjoying this series. I would not consider this a stand alone. It is very helpful to read the first two books in this Legendary Rockstar series about Arturo King and Lansing Lotte. She is building a mystery around Arturo with each book and at the same time introducing us to each unique member of The Nights.

Perkins has a very quiet but strong presence. He may be my favorite to date in The Nights. He seems to have such a strong sense of morality, his passions, his music. I also liked finding out Hollister's story as it unraveled throughout this story. There was nothing simple about either of their pasts and I appreciated how it drew them to each other for very different reasons.

I will continue to follow this series as L.B. Dunbar slowly lures me in as I continue to wonder how it will all end.

 View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1RSIM1WSJKI0W/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0102ZNUJA


 Sight Words (Sensations Collection, #5)Sight Words by L.B. Dunbar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The end of the Sensations Collection was very bittersweet. I really loved this series. While each book, including this one, can be read as a stand alone I highly recommend you read this series from the beginning. It will make you appreciate how characters from previous books will appear and you will get very satisfying updates on them. Plus, if you have grown to love the Scott and Carter families as I have it is always enjoyable to read a little more about them each time.

In fact, previous books in the series gave us glimpses of Tricia Carter. It was apparent she was unhappy and very unfulfilled in her relationship. I wanted a happy ending badly and was so happy this last book takes us on her journey. I will not give any spoilers but this story had very unexpected and unpredictable twists that I loved reading. Most of this was in Leon. L. B. Dunbar gave us a complex, antitypical and very sexy character.

Because of this series, she is one of my favorite authors who I would gladly read any day. > >

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2HT60RNNW942M/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...