Wednesday 9 September 2015

Darken the Stars by Amy A. Bartol

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Darken the Stars (Kricket, #3)Darken the Stars by Amy A. Bartol
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book of the Kricket series brings war, shock, love and hurt in full and equal measures. I've been though a realm of emotions today after completing my read of this highly anticipated book. Kricket and Trey are beloved characters in this special and quite unique fantasy series. More of the world of Ethar is revealed and I think it is only in this book that the true character of Kricket can be sketched. What I found is that everything I thought I knew about the three main characters was turned on it's head. The beloved became questionable and the reviled grew into favoured; I'm still processing my emotions. I came to find a new respect for Kyon quite unexpectedly despite his brutal nature.

The writing in this book demonstrates the kind of talent I've come to expect from this author, it flows and brings Ethar to life with ease. Whilst the storyline is intricate, it gripped my attention with ease. Amy Bartol took a brave decision in terms of the story direction and I herald her courage to step out of the box and follow Kricket's character in this way. However, there is a lack of satisfaction as a reader regarding closure. There MUST be another book for these characters, there is more to say and broken hearts to mend, both characters and readers.

This is and will remain a favourite series of mine, the ability to evoke such emotion shows Amy Bartol's powerful ability to narrate the lives in this world.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R9B2Z9QLCCJPV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...