Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Sea Between UsThe Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The blurb of this book was intriguing and the setting of the book sounded a nice change. What I found was that this was a slow, lilting tale for the first third of the book and I enjoyed that pace and build of friendships and relationships. Robyn is a young woman whose parents move to a remote corner of Cornwall in her summer holidays. She meets her only neighbour, Jago, a young carpenter. What passes is years of friendships and too many missed chances. I found the storyline sometimes full of promise, sometimes depressing and eventually quite frustrating. Whilst both Jago and Robyn were characters I really liked, the circumstances of their friendship had too few ups and too many downs. The ending was majorly frustrating and I needed so much more from the author at this point. I felt as if I was left stranded.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1IU4T37JYXQIT/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...