Tuesday 27 October 2015

Ugly by Margaret McHeyzer

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

UglyUgly by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ugly by Margaret McHeyzer
5*

Wow! This was an incredibly intense read for me and one that I was not entirely prepared for.

McHeyzer brings forth a very sensitive topic in this book that I haven't really read about in-depth before and for that reason, it was at times, a difficult read. There were so many times that I just wanted to shake Lily in this book! I wanted her to to see the light, for her to recognize her own worth, and frankly, to grow a pair but she had to get there in her own way. I daresay, much like real-life, outsiders can see the situation much clearer and more objectively than those involved. I think the author did a brilliant job with this book. I think she treated the topic with respect and did it a great justice.

The book may have triggers for some, otherwise highly recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RVIAXBDIGZ5UU/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3VXK37UYFYJZ5/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv
https://www.amazon.com.au/review/R1ZWVMF6K9SFNF/ref=pe_1168592_181361312_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...