Thursday 5 November 2015

Knockout by Cari Quinn (Part of the Hunks, Hammers & Happily Ever Afters Anthology by Jodi Redford)

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Hunks, Hammers, and Happily Ever AftersHunks, Hammers, and Happily Ever Afters by Jodi Redford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Knockout by Cari Quinn
Part of the Hunks, Hammers & Happily Ever Afters anthology.

This review is only for Knockout by Cari Quinn and while it is part of her Tapped-Out series, this can be read as a standalone.

This is a hot and sexy ménage story about MMA fighter, Emerson, construction worker, JC, and a gym receptionist, Lily. Both boys are best friends with Lily and Emerson is in denial about his feelings about JC. JC himself is fully aware of and embracing his feelings for both and go so far as to set up a housewarming party and the only guests are Lily and Emerson.

I liked this story. The writing is, as always, spot-on. While I understand that this is a novella, I didn't feel like there was enough of a story there. I like steamy sex scenes as much as the next person, but I felt like there could have been more to the story than just that.

The Tapped-Out series is one of my favorites of Quinn's and I'm looking forward to the next one, however, Knockout did fall a little short for me.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda from Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R29BOFWO7NIRUF/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...