Friday 20 November 2015

Thirty Nights by Ani Keating

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Thirty Nights (American Beauty, #1)Thirty Nights by Ani Keating
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars.

This read was a breath of fresh as the storyline was unusual and captured a unique immigration situation alongside two very compelling characters. This book engaged my attention completely and I found myself wrapped up in Elisa and Aiden's world.

Elisa is a brilliant scientist in the making, at the end of her degree programme but graduation spells the end of her permission to remain in the US. She has reasons for not wanting to return to the UK. Elisa has found family in some fellow immigrants and this book paints a compassionate picture of their life and desire to remain. Elisa poses for an artist to supplement her living expenses and Aiden Hale buys some of the paintings. Aiden is a wonderful, flawed character, I was drawn to him and wanted to dig deeper to know how he ticked. This book ended in a way that was most unexpected at had me aghast, inwardly screaming and left longing.

Ani Keating has show such creative abilities in her storyline and the easy flow of writing just adds to the experience. The character development was detailed, so that I really got to understand their thinking, desires and aspirations. I am excited at reading more from this author and even more at knowing more about Aiden and Elisa.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...