Monday 9 November 2015

Untamed by S.C. Stephens

REVIEWED by Micky Barnard

Untamed (Thoughtless, #4)Untamed by S.C. Stephens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This book was a battle for me in some ways. As a fan of the series, I obviously have a settled perception of Griffin Horrocks. In truth, my opinion of him isn't that favourable which I'm sure many will identify with. He's not supposed to be lovable, he's the band jester, the immature clown and crude sexaholic. All this I knew and yet I struggled terribly to engage with him as a lead character in the book. He didn't have many saving graces, it was like constantly hearing the mind of a teenager. However, he wooed the beautiful Anna, she sees something in him that he doesn't share with anyone outside of close family.

This is a book where band dynamics fall apart, Griff is unhappy with his lot, Kellan is paternalistic and Anna is the sensible one. Then I hit 75%, the book exploded and my interest grew fast. Griffin does grow and develop in this book, but not always in a believable way. One thing shines through, Griffin loves his children and is a caring good dad. SC Stephens can write and this talent is evident in her ability to make me admit a reluctant mild regard for Griffin by the end. I would certainly read more of this series.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/ROPHTV9SMO0EW/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...