Tuesday 12 January 2016

An Ounce of Hope by Sophie Jackson

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh, #2)An Ounce of Hope by Sophie Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An Ounce of Hope by Sophie Jackson

We first met Max in A Pound of Flesh and frankly, I wasn't a fan of his. He is/was an addict and didn't care for himself, much less anyone else. I had this book on preorder as I was curious to see how Jackson would redeem this character and I'm thrilled to say that she did so beautifully.

Max and Grace are both complex characters who have been through the wringer and survived, if just barely. Grace is such a strong woman who deals with her fears head-on and you can't help but love and admire her for it. And Max, although I had a few instances where I could've given him a smack, is truly, despite his faults, a sweet, gentle, and generous man and I may have fallen a little in love with him.

I can't wait for Riley's story and I hope Tate gets one, too. That's a not-so-subtle hint to the author!

This book picks up right where we left off with A Pound of Flesh and I would definitely read the books in order.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2WF4X1OCFF4BA/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...