Wednesday 3 February 2016

First Love Bites by Peter Ostermon


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

First Love BitesFirst Love Bites by Peter Ostermon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First Love Bites is a vampire story set in an Amish Community.

Mary is a young Amish girl who is rebelling against the community and desperately wants to leave and live the English lifestyle. Jerald is a 400 year old vampire that looks 18.

Mary has a 14 year old brother Zach with whom she lives with her parents. She and Zach are very close.

The basis of this story has a good plot line. There are parts that I felt were rushed where I wanted more information and then a few places where the mundane daily routines of life I felt were drug out.

This book definitely reads as a young adult but I have a few issues of very young characters "mating" that I was uncomfortable with. I understand that there is no detail in the sex act, just that it happened and that the characters are vampires, but it still left me with a bad taste.

I struggled with First Love Bites, and a YA reader may very well love it.

I have a great interest in the Amish Community and I love a good vampire story but this just didn't hit the mark for me.

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews


Amazon US



Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...