Thursday 18 February 2016

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel rather neutral over this book. It started off really well with lots of action and a fast pace of writing. The story picked up immediately where Red Queen left off and I jumped right back in with the characters. Clearly, Mare and Cal were in shock and distrustful of everyone. That's how I felt too, distrustful of everyone. I felt like as the story moved, I was looking around every corner for suspicious developments. I loved that Aveyard was able to create such suspicion.

What I found was that at midway in the book it lost some traction and I felt a bit bored with lengthy description. The story line seemed to be never ending. Double crossing was everyone's middle name and I felt a bit jaded as the book continued to progress. As the book hit it's culmination, there was certainly an increase in the excitement. However, despite the ending, I am unsure if I'll continue with the series.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...