Friday 12 February 2016

Legend by Katy Evans


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Legend (Real, #6)Legend by Katy Evans
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Legend by Katy Evans

Even though I had preordered this book, I really didn't want to say goodbye to the series so I decided I'd just ignore it and read at a later date. I lasted about an hour after it landed and I have no regrets whatsoever. Evans captivated me from the first page and there was no looking back.

We have Maverick who I just adored: he's out to prove something to himself and to everyone else. He's desperate for someone (a coach) to give him a chance and look beyond his parentage and more importantly, to help him beat the unbeatable Remy.

Maverick and Reese meet at the gym and he starts to fall. And why not? Reece is such a sweet girl; she's escaping demons of her own and is staying with her cousin Brooke for the summer to be a nanny to Racer and to find herself - not to get lost in someone else.

The chemistry between these two is palpable from their first meeting and it just escalates throughout the book. What I love is that although this is a fighter book, Evans infuses SO MUCH ROMANCE between her characters that you can't help but feel invested in the relationship.

I don't think there's anyone who can compare with Evans when it comes to writing fighter books and I certainly didn't think another fighter could measure up to the deliciously dimpled Remy, both in and out of the ring, but Maverick not only stole my heart, he ran away with it too. Im so sad that the series has finished but Evans gave us the perfect end to a phenomenal series. One might even say it was LEGENDary.

*Reviewed by Melinda from Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...