Monday 15 February 2016

Red Card by Carrie Aarons



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Red CardRed Card by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book knocked my socks of in a perfect contemporary kind of way. I am a sucker for a sports romance but not all in this genre are equal, however this is now one of my favourites. It drew me in from page one with characters I could invest in even if the main character, Killan had a serious sprinkling of a**hole. Killan was a walking complication with a simple approach - treat all women the same, expendable and usable. There wasn't much to like about him.....until there was. The more I got under Killan's skin, the more I understood his behaviour, but I still called him names under my breath.

"Leah Watson is like a Rubik's Cube. Every time I think I've got her figured out, she shows me another side, infinitely complicating my plan to seduce her."

Leah was a naive young woman. Her past relationship had moulded her into someone even she didn't recognise. I loved her growth and sass in this book. She had strength when it really counted and I really warmed to her as time went on.

The backdrop to this story was American girl meets Brit footballer. The context of Brit footballer was written so well. The dialogue was authentic, amusing and real. I enjoyed the London setting and the meeting of these two's different cultures and their contrasting lives.

This is my first book by Carrie Aarons and I am suitably impressed by her story telling and writing. I look forward to reading more from her. If you enjoy a sports romance, I highly recommend this one.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1TK72XNRPWM9I/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01AUTBSGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...