Saturday 13 February 2016

Secrets Don't Make Friends by Layla Payne

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Secrets Don't Make FriendsSecrets Don't Make Friends by Lyla Payne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first Lyla Payne novel and I feel I have started with a great one. I love her style of writing.

This book looks at some serious issues that unfortunately are still happening to women around the world. In a matter of moments, things can escalate to life threatening situations. I was touched how pure and on point Lyla described some scenes. It wasn't as fast paced as I would like but it certainly was enthralling and had me hooked from the start. I was trying to think ahead to how were these girls going to come out of this problem they got into without consequential repercussions. I wanted it to work out for them but also have a sense of believability to it all. Lyla did this perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

The way these two girls formed a strong friendship over adversity rang true to real life. That Dinah picked Jeyne to be her roommate for one particular reason, turned out to be her saving grace and her one loyal friend was so unexpected but a pleasure to uncover.

This book has you in suspense and guessing and rooting for these girls so they too can have their HEA's. This won't be my last Lyla Payne book, that is for sure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...