Wednesday 3 February 2016

Sublime Agony by Kora Anderson

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Sublime Agony (The Sublime Trilogy, #1)Sublime Agony by Kora Anderson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sublime Agony is about a young girl that has fled her native country to escape an abusive relationship and finds herself in NYC. She has left behind many things, one being her families wealth. So, to put herself through medical school, she does what she knows best, dancing in the form of a stripper. She happens across a customer who she just can't not look at. Turns out this customer is her boss' boss. He is just as smitten as she is and a relationship of sorts ensures.

I found the story line to be promising, but lacked in a few key areas. There were so many typos, it was disruptive. There were time line inconsistencies that had me re reading to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong, which lessens the impact of the book. I also felt that I couldn't relate to the heroine, as she was just too good. There is a fine line between a confident and mature person and one that is just arrogant. She crossed the line on numerous occasions. Although I did feel for her and her upbringing as no one should ever experience such a thing. Also, there were just too many sex scenes, where I felt, less is more. I am no prude by any means but too many times is just unrealistic, it just becomes repetitive and boring. Sometimes it is best left to the imagination.

Being the first book in a trilogy, I am hoping that the characters evolve more and they reach their HEA.

A copy was provided for an honest review.
Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...