Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Fable of Us by Nicole Williams


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Fable of UsThe Fable of Us by Nicole Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

The Fable of Us demonstrates the very best of what Nicole Williams does with skillful ease. She creates characters you lose yourself in, a story with longing and hope and that feeling of satisfaction at its culmination.

I love a good stand alone, couple that with a story of second chances and it's the perfect 'curl up at the weekend' recipe. The characters of Boone and Clara are a feisty pair, especially Clara. These two have depth and I enjoyed getting under their skin and finding out what made them tick. Clara never looked back when she left for college and never considered returning when she built her life afterwards.

"Why was my body's reaction to coming home the same as if I were being chased by a pack of wolves in waist-deep snow?"

I get Clara's desertion of the Abbott family. Some of them were vile, others like snakes in the grass, with the odd good egg mixed in. More so, she left behind Boone. Their tale is slowly revealed and it was utterly compelling. Once upon a time they were each other's everything, now they circled one another with a wary stance. These two together were a car crash of emotions, good, bad and wonderful sexual tension. Nicole Williams certainly knows how to write a fever of tension in a mere touch. I found myself completely wrapped up in them.

"How could I still feel the things I did for the man beside me after everything? How could my skin touching his make me feel like I'd come home?"

Ultimately this book made me feel. I felt like I was in the background shouting, cheering, oohing, ahhing and tense through the angst. It reminds me of why Nicole Williams is an automatic one click for me and why I re-read some of her books. I would highly recommend this as a great second chances read.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...