Wednesday 23 March 2016

All that Jazz by Natasha Boyd


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


All that Jazz (A Butler Cove Novel)All that Jazz by Natasha Boyd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

The Eversea books have been firm favourites of mine and I was very excited to be returning to Butler Cove. I do get a little nervous about side characters becoming the main show but Jessica 'Jazz' was so damn real and likeable because of her relatability, I needn't have worried. I found myself uninterested in Keri-Ann and Jack Eversea because I just wanted to devour the story of Jazz and Joey.

The timeline of this unfolding story is a real strength, told from just before Jazz's 18th birthday and moving from there onwards, I enjoyed the journey and character growth. I felt the poignancy of the tragedy so hard, equally the heat packed a punch. Natasha Boyd is so good at writing the feels, the emotions are intense and tangible. There was definitely more heat in this Butler Cove book than previous ones and I loved that element. It was also packed full of witty dialogue.

"I don't know what happened just then," he said. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean us to end up arguing." "You opened your hambone mouth, that's what happened."

I found Joey infuriating at times, I wanted to knock him around the head so that he'd see what was before him but his character grew and my favour developed with him.

I remain a huge fan of Natasha Boyd, she has never disappointed me yet. I am impressed that even though this was a continuation of a series, it didn't feel overly familiar or predictable. Her writing is true, grounded in real life but brings that escapism you want from a really good read.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...