Wednesday 30 March 2016

Flawed by Cecilia Ahern


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Flawed (Flawed, #1)Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the kind of book that built and built and I find that I thoroughly enjoyed it. This was a strong YA dystopian tale with a theme that felt fresh. Celestine is a bit of a 'goody two-shoes', living an entitled existence, far removed from the reviled of her society, the 'Flawed'. The concept of the Flawed was a good one and I didn't see a number of the twists and turns coming. Celestine moves from a place of perfection to being able to see another point of view on societal and political foundations.

"Seize the moment, Celestine, and say it. Give a voice to those who are silenced."

"I don't want to stand out. I want to fit in. I don't want to be a poster girl for anything."


This book was narrated from Celestine's POV and I found the description to be excellent and even brutal at some points, all making for a strong story. This book made me very intrigued by Carrick and I'm a bit sad I didn't get to know more about him, but I can see this will come in the next book.

I have only read Cecelia Ahern in her contemporary/women's fiction but I have to say that this is my favourite of her books that I've read. I think this series holds great promise and I am anticipating the next instalment.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RMYOH40YS4VR6/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...