Wednesday 16 March 2016

Hawke by Sawyer Bennett



REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 

Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)Hawke by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hawke by Sawyer Bennett

It saddens me to say that this book is my least favorite in the much-loved Cold Fury series.

This is a second-chance romance that fell quite a bit short of expectations and by the high bar Bennett has set throughout the series. We have Hawke who has just been traded go the Cold Fury team and Vale who is the new assistant athletic trainer to the team. A shock to Hawke, not so much for Vale.

I felt like in the seven years between the prologue and the present, the characters never really grew or matured. Their actions and reactions were still that of teenagers and I found myself frustrated by that. I wanted more from them. I also would have preferred that a theme prominent in a previous book didn't feature here, main character or otherwise.

Bennett is a must-buy author for me and will continue to be despite my feelings towards this particular book. I've given 3* for the simple fact that the writing itself is flawless and there were certainly some enjoyable aspects to the book. Right now, I'm really looking forward to Max's story - I'm sure it'll be amazing!

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2RKEVK9D82JUQ/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...