Tuesday 15 March 2016

Lexington and 42nd by Kim Carmody


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Lexington and 42nd (Off Field, #1)Lexington and 42nd by Kim Carmody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lexington & 42nd by Kim Carmody
4.5*

I was so excited to read this fun, lighthearted, and thoroughly enjoyable debut novel in my absolute favorite genre - Sports Romance.

Emma is on a 12 month job-exchange which sends her all the way from Sydney to New York. She fully intends to keep her head down, work hard, and do her club back home proud. She's smart, strong, and determined. Her good intentions are blown out of the water when she meets the quarterback of the New York Warriors - Will, and he is delish! Will ticks so many athlete boxes for me: he's hot, he's cocky, and he isn't accustomed to being told no! Both are very interesting characters and their journey to happiness was so much fun to read; there were moments that made me laugh, worry, and absolutely swoon. The chemistry between Will and Emma was flying off the pages and was perfect! A bit of a slow-build in comparison to other books and it suited these two to a tee.

Overall, I thought this was a fantastic read and I'm truly surprised that it's a debut novel. The characters are well-developed and easy to relate to, the writing is pretty spot-on, and I was gripped from the beginning. I notice this is the first in a series and am more than eager for the next few books. I definitely recommend Lexington & 42nd especially to lovers of sports romance.

**Reviewed by Melinda from Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3GMX2828K6E57/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...