Monday 7 March 2016

Maybe Tonight by Kim Golden

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Maybe TonightMaybe Tonight by Kim Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The opportunity to get inside Mads' head after Maybe Baby was a chance I couldn't miss. Maybe Baby was told from Laney's POV, so seeing this handsome Swede's thoughts was interesting. What I love about Mads is that he's big, tall, a real man yet sensitive and caring. Mads put his heart 'out there' quite quickly in Maybe Baby and I understood his journey more after this novella.

What was unexpectedly great about this novella was that it wasn't just a parallel POV retelling of Book One, more than half of it was new content. I really didn't expect the storyline to go the way it did. I would describe the pace and direction of the book as gentle, surprisingly so under the circumstances at times. I was glad for both Mads and Laney that they had some periods of stability but I didn't really feel that I got to see the depth of their burgeoning relationship. However, I am highly anticipating Maybe Forever and I am hoping to get more of a feel for their together-ness then. Another enjoyable read from Kim Golden.

A copy of his book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...