Sunday 24 April 2016

Kissed by Reality by Carrie Aarons


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Kissed by RealityKissed by Reality by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You could say this was an unusual choice of book for me, as I am a reality TV non-fan. However, I have read and loved a book by Carrie Aarons, so that was enough to encourage me to take the dive. The characters were good enough to carry me through the superficial shenanigans of a reality TV matchmaking contest. Ms Aarons cleverly exposes some of the ridiculous elements of the concept and so I found myself absorbed and enjoying the ride of will she, won't he.

This is a story of second chances and a heroine, Leighton, who has seriously hurt the hero, Finn irreparably. Money, fame and feelings bring these two back into each other's paths. Despite transgressions of the past, I really liked Leighton and I believed in her. I thought she was aware of her faults and stupidity but strong and determined. I didn't feel like I got to know Finn quite as well but seemed to use others for his purposes. It took me some time to like him and feel he had integrity.

The story was somewhat predictable in the sheer nature of a reality contest, but there were some good twists that threw me off my stride. This book has confirmed that Carrie Aarons is an author to watch, with talent and writing skills that suggest there is more goodness to come.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...