Wednesday 27 April 2016

Ladies Man by Katy Evans


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Ladies Man (Manwhore, #3)Ladies Man by Katy Evans
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars of Viking blueness

If you've strayed into Manwhore territory then Tahoe Roth is a name familiar to you, a rather larger than life playboy. I've read books before where the lead is a playboy, but Tahoe 'T-Rex' is not diluted in his behaviour so as to be palatable. This man is a cad, a rogue and yet despite finding his ways a little too much, I liked him, I found his description desirable and I wanted him for Gina. Tahoe has some good qualities. He is a good friend, he cares, he'll step up when needed.

Gina, one of the friendship trifecta of the Manwhore books comes to life in this book. She's so very real in her boring, run-of-the-mill life. I liked her but she frustrated me in her attempts to avoid her real feelings. Talking of frustration, the chemistry, the sexual tension had me on the edge. He wanted, she wanted, I wanted.

"Frustration is eating at me. I want to grab his wet hair and kiss him. I want to pull him underwater and kiss him. I want to take him home and kiss him. I want him to take me home and kiss him. And then I want to forget I ever kissed him, and ever wanted him."

There's some lovely goodness and insight into the Saints and I relished the insight into their life journey.

Katy Evans has this ability to create the best of men. She created a number of my top ten and Tahoe has joined the best of them. Her writing flowed as it always does, yet I feel she stepped out of some similarities in terms of the journey with these two and whilst sometimes I wanted more in a moment, I appreciated the difference and freshness this brought. I have never found her work formulaic and her talent is producing consistent quality of characters that are irresistible, both men and women. A wonderful addition to the series.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R344RKNA0QLRGV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01ES6NAZ8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...