Sunday 24 April 2016

Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1)Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've had some good reads lately but this book rises to the top of the pile. It has had me completely rapt. If I have to pin down what works so well about this book, it's pretty much everything: the characters, the setting, the writing, the wit and the chemistry and boy, the steam. Pretty much every box was ticked and I could have read about Ansel and Mia from meeting to their old age!

I fell hook, line and sinker for Ansel. This French man was beyond charming, sexy and a bit of enigma. How he and Mia end up tethered to one another is quite foolish but also sweet. The story moves between Las Vegas, Paris and San Diego, but their time in Paris is just magical. Thing is, Ansel has secrets and Mia likes burying her head in the sand. Mia was just a lovely young woman, finding herself, her future and she was just so genuine. The story was intriguing right through, unusual and mostly unpredictable. I loved all the elements of the storyline.

This was an audiobook and I loved the single POV narration. Sometimes accents can get in the way of enjoyment but the female narrator did an excellent job of Ansel's dialogue. This is a favourite audio of all time now.

I am a big fan already of Christina Lauren and did not expect to favour this book over any of the 'Beautifuls' series, but I do. This is my favourite of their work so far and I'm dying to read more from these friends. The writing flowed perfectly with humour and heartache. As ever, I don't see the change between writers as these two talents authors work together seamlessly. Another hit!

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R3LNPLREAI1CGA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00GEEYS22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...