Sunday 24 April 2016

The Player and the Pixie by L.H. Cosway





REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)The Player and the Pixie by L.H. Cosway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is a true challenge to follow up on the excellence that was The Hooker and the Hermit. Book one delivered perfection in the form of humour, romance and heat. The loose formula for book two follows this pattern.

What I was intrigued by was how on earth Reid and Cosway could portray Sean Cassidy as anything but vile and to think of him as likeable seems a stretch at first glance. I know a hero isn't always likeable but some redeeming factors are needed to engage with a lead character in a romance. I am pleased to report that Sean Cassidy did not have a personality change, yet I was able to dig deeper into who Sean was, why he riled Ronan and how Lucy, Ronan's sister could possibly see him as suitable boyfriend/bed-fellow material.

Lucy was true to her rainbow self, bright, intelligent but kind and giving. You just can't resist liking Lucy; she engaged me from page one. There is a storyline running through this book, between Lucy and Sean that is quite brilliant, fresh and funny.

As with Hooker and Hermit, the writing between the two authors is seamless. You cannot tell where one author begins and the other ends. I would say that this book didn't hit quite as many humour buttons as book one, but it had more poignancy in the characters and their situations. It started a little slow for me but quickly picked up pace and I thoroughly enjoyed what these two favourite authors of mine can do when they get together. Keep them coming!

A copy of this book was provided by the authors in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...