Tuesday 10 May 2016

Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an interesting, fresh and unique book this was. It reeled me in, even when I felt a little confused towards the beginning, trying to find my feet in these strange lands.

I spent much of the book enjoying getting into Damon's head a little and generally disliking every single other character that presented themselves within the covers. General life in Vere was so different in social construct to any fantasy-historical type book I've read before and the issues of sexuality were difficult to fathom at first until explanations emerged. Damon's captor, Laurent is the ultimate snake in the grass and I couldn't stand him yet wanted to see some small piece of integrity in the man; there was little.


I feel that there is much potential for the next two books ahead, I'm interested and hoping for some battle and the political intrigue should be excellent if it continues as book one has started.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...