Thursday 5 May 2016

Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautiful cover, beautiful words.

I'm in the fortunate position of only having read Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet only a few months ago. Everything to do with Elissa is fresh in my mind. She had something about her in the first two books, but there's often a certain trepidation when an author moves onto side characters from previous beloved leads. Leisa Rayven pulled me into this story within a few pages and unusually for me, I read it in 24 hours. Nothing about this book disappointed.

Elissa comes to the fore in Wicked Heart seamlessly. She is a beauty, who in all humility, just doesn't know it. She's fulfilled in the background as Stage Manager, used to the personalities and demands of actors and actresses. Her world pulls to a halt when the love of her life appears back in her world. This is a beautiful second chance that just can't happen. 'It's complicated', doesn't describe it. Despite his current relationship status, Liam is eminently likeable. He's warm and genuine, he made me laugh and lust. The story was full of wonderful turns, characters with such depth and tension and passion that goes through the roof. Where Leisa Rayven excels is with dialogue; such wit, quips, love and depth.

I feel fulfilled but sad this book is over. I powered through it with such an appetite that it will require a re-read at some point. I hope this isn't the end of this series, but frankly I will read anything Ms Rayven produces.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for such a wonderfully written review! I'm honored.

    Leisa x

    ReplyDelete

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...