Wednesday 29 June 2016

Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Bittersweet (True North, #1)Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen

What a great start to a new series! Bittersweet is set in Vermont and it sounds absolutely beautiful and picturesque. It's a second-chance romance between bearded, grumpy, beastly, sexylicious farmer, Griff and smart-assy, sweet, bubbly, slightly insecure chef-who-isn't-employed-to-cook Audrey. Audrey employers have tasked her to source and build connection with farmers to supply their restaurants and that's how the two meet again - when her car breaks down on Grumpy's, I mean Griff's, farm.

The attraction between these two characters was palpable and watching their relationship develop was exciting. It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns; the characters had a complexity to them that I quite liked. Each had their issues and/or complications that they had to face and deal with. I adored the whole Shipley clan and other secondary characters and I'm very eager for the subsequent books in this series.

I truly enjoyed this book and I feel that Bowen painted a great picture with her words. I was disappointed to finish the book and as much as I avoid teasers and snippets, I couldn't help but read the first chapter of Steadfast. Can't wait!

Great story, great writing. Definitely recommend.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3IS15L197PNA8/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...