Monday 6 June 2016

Only You by Denise Grover Swank


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Only YouOnly You by Denise Grover Swank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Only You by Denise Grover-Swank
4.5*

I love a good RomCom - they're generally my favorite books to read. When I finally realized that this book was a spin-off of Grover-Swanks Wedding Pact series and that it was about Kevin, I just about tripped over my own feet to get an arc. While you don't really need to read the Wedding Pact series prior to this, it was great fun and also gives some insight into the family dynamics.

Holly, wedding planner extraordinaire, is doing everything she can to ensure her grandmother is looked after, even if it means she has to put up with the boss from hell. Life experiences have made her afraid to love and honestly, I just found myself wishing for her HEA.

Then we have the sexy ex-Marine Kevin, who has moved back home for a few reasons: flip-houses, help a friend out, and to have a closer relationship with his sister. The same sister who purchased Kevin's first flip-house right next door to Holly. Sparks fly from the word go between these two and it's obvious that they belong together. However, Kevin and his friends are convinced that they have been cursed with disastrous relationships and crazy girlfriends and have made a pact swearing off women for the foreseeable future. Add in the minor detail of Kevin's mother being Holly's boss, and we have a winner!

I'm really looking forward to the next few books in this series and I definitely recommend this one. I came extremely close to giving this book 5* and the only (petty) reason is that I'm really sick of bitchy and pushy secondary female characters. I really hope that the author writes a story for Melanie, but she really got on my nerves in this one.

*arc received from Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1MZCY5LFT6YPV/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...