Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Bird and the SwordThe Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a truly difficult review to write as I believe going into this blind is a good thing. All I knew was that it was YA fantasy and that most of my friends had loved it. Therefore, there is nothing to spoil in this review.

The lead character Lark, is one of most unique characters I think I have ever read. She was feisty, gifted and loving. Her world is one of beauty and horror, strange and enticing. Lark has a way with words and the prose in this book was truly enticing.

"The words were like an incantation wafting in the air, and I liked the rhyme and rhythm."

This quote summed up my feelings about the writing.

Tiras, King of this land, is a mysterious man, fixed on ruling. Yet he has a need for Lark's talents and where many look past Lark, Tiras begins to see her.

"Kjell is right. You are a dangerous little bird. But I think I will keep you."

I have read and enjoyed a number of Amy Harmon's books and I've always felt there is something a bit different about her writing, characters and storylines. However, this has taken the top spot in all her books that I've read and I'm still finding my thoughts returning to this book and it's characters. I cannot wait to see if Amy Harmon will further stretch her fantasy writing muscles and give us more of her talents.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...