Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Mediator by Milana Jacks


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox


The Mediator (Jade Dober, #1)The Mediator by Milana Jacks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Milana Jacks
The Mediator

The Mediator, an adult urban fantasy, was a thrill ride. Lots of action, quick wit and sexual tension.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jade is a Mediator for the Human Office between the different factions, mostly trying to protect the halflings. She is badass, intuitive and has a very entertaining wittiness. She might not be altogether human. She encounters numerous different shifters, demons and other species.

The authors description of the world she has created is well done and revealed at appropriate times where it isn't an overload of information. She gave me enough to understand where Jade was and what she was seeing, where I felt I was there with her. I was never overwhelmed or felt the need to skim. I absorbed each word and enjoyed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am dying to get my hands on the next book to see how her lust interest(s) may play out. Jacks has woven a great web of mystery and battles for power between different species leaders. All her characters are interesting and not always what they seem at first blush.

The Mediator is urban fantasy with some dystopia and paranormal. I truly enjoyed this read and look forward to the next installment. This is my first book by this author. I am not sure if it is her debut novel or a new pen name, but she does great work and I look forward to more.

I was provided a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

View all my reviews


Amazon US


Amazon UK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...