Sunday 3 July 2016

A Violet and Two Gentlemen by Petronela Ungureanu


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

A Violet and Two GentlemenA Violet and Two Gentlemen by Petronela Ungureanu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Violet and Two Gentlemen
Petronela Ungureanu

A beautifully written historic romance with a bit of mystery. The twist are surprising and I love a good surprise. I enjoy period pieces and enjoyed Ungureanu's writing style. It flowed nicely and was true to the time frame. The speech, clothing descriptions and settings take you back in time and I felt as if I was there along with Violet.

Violet is determined and resolute in the life that has befallen her. Lady Luck was not on her side and she had to make decisions to insure her future. Women of that time didn't have a lot of choices and she did what she had to do. Coming from a family of status to have to work as a housekeeper for Lord Wilton was not an easy decision, but one that had to be done.

Lord Wilton is a emotionally broken man. His friend Captain Thunder is intriguing and adds a bit of a naughty pirate character to the story.

An enjoyable read for anyone who loves a good historic romance.

I was provided a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews


Amazon US



Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...