Wednesday 20 July 2016

All Tyed Up by Julia Harlow

4 STARS

REVIEWED BY Kim Gray


All Tyed Up is a story about a woman that was brow beaten and bullied as a child and as a result of this she suffers from low self-esteem in regards to her full figure as an adult. Isabel is a talented woman and devoted to her career, but has always struggled with her insecurities when it comes to relationships and men. I liked her, she was a character that I could easily relate to. She may have her weaknesses but she is a strong willed woman and goes after what she wants.
I found the storyline very appealing and although the first chapter or so kind of went a bit slow, I soon became very wrapped up in this story till the end.
Isabel and Ty were really good together, despite their rocky first few meetings. Loved that one of the main characters was a German Shepard that was almost human in the relationship he shared with Isabel. I died laughing when I read this quote. (she met a sheepish Pilot heading toward her, a gesture she knew translated to “I know I’m in trouble, but I really like the man. Please don’t be mad at me.” She wasn’t going to give in to him, so she snapped, where is he? Pilot hung his head and lead me down the hallway.)  You have to read this book to find out what happens next.  I did find however, that a couple of the characters left me wondering what happened with them, where did it end up? But that was probably just me and my curiosity, or was it the authors intent to leave it up to the reader’s imagination?

I really enjoyed this book, Julia made me laugh, want to smack a snobby executive, haha.  Worry and pace while I devoured each chapter. The storyline was a great! The way Ms Harlow spun this web of chance meetings or not, into something that was so right. Ty and Isabel are great together and I want a Pilot!  I was gifted this book and so in return I want to leave an honest review.  I am giving this story 4 to 4.5 star review. My only issue was the use of 1st person vs 3rd person, there were a few times where I was confused as to who the narrator was, and I had to reread just to be certain. Still a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...