Tuesday 19 July 2016

Charged by Jay Crownover


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Charged (Saints of Denver, #2)Charged by Jay Crownover
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This was a solid read but something about it just didn't always hit the spot for me. It was a story with real depth and complexity. The characters Quaid and Avett were engaging and I felt connected to them for the first 65% but I somehow lost that connection for the remaining portion of the book. Quaid didn't jump out at me as a character in Built and I wasn't prepared to like him, but I did. He had more depth than I thought and he wasn't selfish as I'd initially presumed. Equally, Avett is not set up as likeable in previous books but she surprised me with her growth as a woman.

The storyline itself was good, with drama, some peril and good sexual chemistry. The side characters continue to strengthen the storyline with Brite being an absolute highlight. What I did struggle with were later sexual interaction descriptions and use of terminology. Some of these scenes didn't align with early writing and left me disconnected with the sexual connection. That all said, it was an important continuation in a series that I am fully invested in.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1SFUJ9XV219GJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...