Thursday 14 July 2016

Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2)Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I bloody loved this book, it may be my favourite by Alice Clayton. Not every AC book has hit the exact spot with me, but this had everything, characters that were real but lit fires so huge, a story with substance and humour that was pitch perfect.

This is a continuation of the Hudson Valley series, but I really do think it could be read as a standalone, previous characters feature but in the background. I loved Natalie (Pinup) and her great, big a** (figuratively). She was an immense character with a personality that explodes into people's lives without being irritating. She had depth and bossiness, she had that. Oscar, however, there aren't enough words to described how I connected with his character. Clayton describes him in such a way that he was irresistible. He's the silent type but these two were off the scale when they were together. There are interesting side characters such as Missy and Chad who I enjoyed reading about. The story forged these two along well.

This was Alice Clayton's writing at her best. I laughed and highlighted my way through the wit in this book. This is a wonderful romantic comedy but it's much more than just romance.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R6L0V6QA06IWP/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...