Monday 11 July 2016

Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills


REVIEWED By Melinda Lazar

Filthy English (English, #2)Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills

I loved Dirty English and was really hoping that Dax would get his own story: he was such an interesting, fun-loving character in that and I knew his story would be a riveting one.

Three years have passed since Remi and Dax had the mother of all three-night-stands and they meet again when least expected: in London at a masquerade club (seriously, the fact that it's a masquerade really did it for me) where Remi is on her honeymoon following the wedding that never was and Dax is there 'babysitting' his cousin.

As expected, Dax is absolutely fun-loving and interesting. I fully expected his story to lean towards a RomCom and I'm delighted to say that it wasn't the case. While there were certainly some light-hearted moments, we discovered depths to Dax that I wasn't sure he was capable of.

Remi is a planner. Everything has to be just so and according to said plan. Dax doesn't fall within those plans: he's too carefree, doesn't take much seriously, and doesn't do love. All those factors mean that he's only good for short-term and not for matters of the heart.

I definitely enjoyed this second-chance romance. There were some unexpected turns that came out of left field and added a little angst to their story. I actually felt reeeeally sorry for Dax. He was such a lost little boy at times and I also felt for Remi although she made me angry whenever the mood took her.

You can read this as a standalone but I loved Dirty English so I recommend reading both.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...