Monday 4 July 2016

Moonshot by Alessandra Torre


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

MoonshotMoonshot by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This is book that needs multiple genres to describe it and you could wonder if that results in a rather confused end product, but it doesn't, it works. Despite this having elements of YA-contemporary, sports romance, romantic suspense, forbidden love, side of thriller, there is coherency in how it fits together, supported by passing years. This read has a strong romance element, especially early on and needless to say the physical side is full of the chemistry and heat you would expect from Alessandra Torre.

Ty is a 17 year old, travelling with her coach dad and the Yankees. Chase is their new star player, emphasis on the player. One of the elements of this book I enjoyed was the penning of Ty as a young woman, I don't recall an AT book with a young coming of age feel before and this was written in a very tangible, fresh way. Equally, I enjoyed the passing of time. But don't get too comfortable, because an abrupt halt, twist and turn is just around the corner, and again and again. This is well known Torre territory but I can never see these things coming and I love this so much. I had no idea where these characters would end up but I certainly enjoyed the journey.

The tension and angst was almost unbearable at times, I took a few breaks to cope with story developments and twists. This doesn't draw away from the enjoyment, but sometimes I just need to pause to ease the tension. There were some appealing side characters in this book, Ty's dad, the dog and Tobey (yes, I do mean Tobey). All in all, this was cleverly weaved together with strong writing.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RPLAND7OKGYG8/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...