Sunday 10 July 2016

Stealing Home by Nicole Williams


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Stealing HomeStealing Home by Nicole Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book made an immediate boom into my life, stuck it's hooks into my brain and didn't let go until I finished 24 hours later, despite some work in the middle. I am a sucker for sports romance, when done well it's one of my favourite genres and I'm not picky about the sport. That said, I've not read many about baseball, indeed I know nothing about baseball but I really enjoyed it.

I am an avid reader of Nicole William's books and this is hands down the hottest book she's written. The description of Luke initially had me fanning my face. The chemistry and steam was spot on, I loved the connections and how this played out. The pace was fast from the start and relished how it journeyed ahead.

"I'm good with my hands, know what to do with a big stick, and I'm used to getting dirty."

Now for the characters, Luke Archer, star player takes some puzzling out. He's lusted after by thousands of women and his attention to Allie 'Doc' seems born out of convenience. Allie as an athletic trainer is there, travelling with the team, able to warm Luke's bed? Luke is a caveman-extraordinaire and if you like an alpha type, he's your man. I do enjoy an alpha but I appreciated his self awareness and character development. I liked Allie, but she had her moments of flakiness and I couldn't always grasp her mindset when things weren't peachy.


"Wow, okay, so I retract my former accusation in favor of labelling you some barbarian-Neanderthal-caveman hybrid."

A great sports romance, fulfilling, hot and I would love to see more of this genre from Nicole Williams.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...