Sunday 10 July 2016

Without a Doubt by Ann Lister



REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney 


Without a DoubtWithout a Doubt by Ann Lister
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Just......... Speechless. True fact, 'Never judge a book by it's cover'. This book was written before the Author wrote her M/M Romance series, The Rock Gods. Because I enjoyed the Rock Gods so much, I wanted more from this writer and I started reading her M/F collection. This story took my breath away. I had so many emotions running through me, I couldn't believe how invested I was in this story. I was most definitely hooked.

Callie is a beautiful woman who writes romance novels, I know, right? A romance Author writing about a character that writes romance. It makes for a very interesting read. Callie has spent her whole life studying then working endlessly to achieve her dreams. She's never really dated and her social life is nonexistent. I mean sure she has friends but do they really know her?
She is sent to live on an island, her editor believing this will be just what she needs. Oh how true this turns out to be or does it. Life really never does run smoothly.

Jackson Brody, swoon!! He is drool worthy, a man you could really sink your teeth into. I get shivers just thinking about his hotness. He runs his own business, has lived on the island all his life and not a single woman would turn him down. Jackson has been hurt in the past and doesn't expect he'd ever settle down again. Who really knows what the future holds. Never say never.

Callie and Jackson become great friends, despite some of Jackson's old flames trying to cause trouble. Jealousy is an ugly trait. I suppose almost all relationships hit a few bumps along the way.
When Callie goes on a business trip for a few days, she couldn't be happier. When she returns nothing is the same. What she believes to what is actually true causes both Callie and Jackson's life to change.

Something really tragic happens and forces Callie to return to the island. God I was so upset by this point in the story, everything that previously happened seemed like a lifetime ago.

Without a doubt I loved this story and I believe that all lovers of romance will love it too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...