Tuesday 23 August 2016

Author Anonymous by E.K. Blair



REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

Author AnonymousAuthor Anonymous by E.K. Blair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For me, Author Anonymous is a journey that I am glad I took. EK's writing is impeccable as always. Do I like the heroine? Could we be friends? I don't know but I do know I don't have to like the heroine to appreciate the story. I sympathize with her struggle. Her decisions were not necessarily ones I would have made, or maybe I would have, maybe I have, but they are her decisions and they are what made the story. A tale...I guess it is, but all while reading I kept in mind this is a true story. Someone lived this struggle, this pain, this heartbreak and that made it so much more for me.



The ending blew me away, and I won't lie, made me cry. I thought of the butterfly effect. Had she just taken a different path things could have been different. Had she not...well never mind don't want to have any spoilers.

Author Anonymous is not likely to be appreciated by a conservative reader. It will probably scare a few readers as their thoughts may run to close to the story line and no one wants to look inside themselves and see something they think they shouldn't. I like a darker story, one that makes me think about ugly things. In makes me introspective. But I have a feeling that is the reason Anonymous wanted the story written and why she chose EK to tell it.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...