Tuesday 9 August 2016

Blind Landing by Carrie Aarons


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Blind Landing (Flipped #1)Blind Landing by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

With the Olympics around the corner, a book set in the gymnastics setting is just what I needed. I'm a huge fan of sports romance so this book hits my sweet spot. It is abundantly clear early on that the technicalities of the sport are well researched but not laboured in the writing so that you switch off; this background context was well executed.

The book centred around Natalia, an elite gymnast who is so focused on making the USA team that everything else is secondary. One of the male team coaches Spencer is a similar age but resigned to a life of coaching. These two literally bump into one another and there it starts. I enjoyed seeing behind this somewhat brutal training camp and the paces these athletes have to conform to.

My rating arises from a difficulty to connect particularly with Natalia. I just never warmed to her. Spencer was a fun character, a bit of a player who I did like. These two together didn't make me feel their connection. The intimate scenes were well written, I just wasn't transported. I am a fan of this author so it's probably just a case of this one wasn't for me.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RA99WH9SM078/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...