Thursday 18 August 2016

Sugar Rush by Sawyer Bennett


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)Sugar Rush by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

The ending and indeed the whole book of Sugar Daddy (book one) packed a punch. This book picks up exactly at that point. Sugar Rush delivers in tension, I would say more so than book one. There is an ebb and flow to the tension, with moments of calm, but you can never quite relax with the underpinning background of Sela's life and Beck's business deals. Much is revealed in terms of both these issues.

Sela and Beck were more deeply explored as characters in this book and I do like Sela. Beck still has me giving the odd shifty side eye; I'm not quick to forgive his transgressions. Relationships deepen and side characters are strong. Sawyer Bennett has written what I believe to be her worst evil character ever in JT. There isn't one redeeming factor in his favour and it was my pleasure to revile him.

The storyline went along lines I was expecting and there was something about it that didn't engage me quite as much as book one, however, the book ends in fine jaw-dropping style and I am completely invested in the series as I await book three.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RRJ6HHM9Y17TS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...