Saturday 3 September 2016

Low by Mary Elizabeth



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Low (Low, #1)Low by Mary Elizabeth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 stars for the story, 5 stars for narration

I feel 'low' after reading this book with a clear a Bonnie and Clyde theme. This is a gritty read and if you like things complex and messy this is for you. Low was a strong but somewhat desperate character. I was able to connect with Low, more in the first half of the audiobook than the second half. I didn't ever get the feel of Posey. I felt Posey was not the innocent I originally thought but often the enabler and influencer. I did long for some positive themes and hope. The love was desperate and hopeless.

The highlight of this book was the narration. The tone of the narrator's voice captured the age I felt Lowen was and had a sultry, appealing intonation. Emotions were well expressed and I'll be looking for more books by this narrator.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author or narrator in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

http://www.audible.com/listener/A2OKSANI1041IT?ref_=a_hp_mst_tnaft_5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...