Wednesday 7 September 2016

Professed by Nicola Rendell



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard
ProfessedProfessed by Nicola Rendell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love a good forbidden romance, especially student/teacher (in this case Professor) but I do feel let down sometimes by a promising premise but unsatisfactory execution. Professed did not let me down. The premise was a little different, a little more risqué, especially the start and I enjoyed the story front to back. I felt there was consistency in the storytelling, plot and characters.

I prefer a college student for this genre, so professed hit that spot but there's a significant age difference between the characters, so the power imbalance is there in more ways than one. Naomi gave the impression of being sheltered in some ways, although not totally naive. Ben had an arrogance and enjoyed seeing him figuratively brought to his knees. I particularly enjoyed these characters' dialogue in the bedroom.

This is the authors first book and I felt she conveyed a solid writing style and a flair for an intriguing story that keeps you engaged. I definitely sense this author is one to watch.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...